You are an experienced and highly skilled communicator who is passionate and committed to using a strategic approach to corporate communications. You create communication plans, key messaging and original content that is focused on well-defined needs, is relevant to the audience and delivers measurable results. You understand strategic communication concepts and the planning and evaluation process. You have strong analytical skills and are able to offer sound strategic counsel on sensitive and/or high risk issues.
You are an outstanding writer and have received recognition for your ability to turn complex and technical language into clear, easy to read content.
You are skilled in building trusted relationships with experts from a variety of business areas. Your expertise and advice is respected and sought by your colleagues. You are able to negotiate critical issues with colleagues at various levels. You enjoy team work and use tact and diplomacy to provide direction, guidance and feedback to others.
- Reporting to the Manager, Communications, lead the development and delivery of strategic corporate communication plans for the College’s programs, functions and initiatives. The plans have measurable results and are appropriate for the specific audience.
- Lead the development of clear and engaging content for digital publications, video, interactive web tools, social media, print and promotional campaigns.
- Manage multiple projects including overseeing the documentation and approval processes.
- Monitor and effectively control the communication approach with stakeholders.
- Within your portfolio, contribute to the organization’s response to high-risk and/or ad hoc issues including change management, crisis communications and media issues.
- Provide leadership and expertise in clear language principles and strategic communication approaches.
- Conduct research, prepare clear and focused written reports, create and deliver engaging presentations to Leadership Team and business areas, chair cross-team meetings, lead discussions to determine requirements and needs.
- Baccalaureate degree in journalism, communications or public relations or equivalent combination of community college diploma and relevant experience.
- Seven plus years of progressive senior experience in corporate strategic communications.
- Excellent knowledge of the strategic communication planning process, including measurement and evaluation.
- Experience in leveraging digital and web strategies to achieve strategic results
- Experience using judgment to manage format and frequency of communication to stakeholders
- Broad knowledge of print and web technologies
- Expertise in relationship management, including providing advice and expertise to the business areas and senior management, and leading business areas to agreement.
- Experience in building understanding and engagement in the strategic communications approach.
- Superior oral and written communication skills, including expertise in clear (plain) language principles.
- Communication experience with a regulatory or government organization an asset.
Hiring Range: $88,400- $92,151
Full Salary Range: $88,400 -$105,269
Please submit cover letter and resume by December 9, 2021 at 4.00 pm EST via UKG: https://recruiting.ultipro.ca/COL5000CONO/JobBoard/98297c97-cff4-416c-baf5-9a70452facc8/OpportunityDetail?opportunityId=231484ff-8861-414f-a213-dea952cff67e
We are committed to employment equity and encourage applications from all qualified candidates. CNO offers accommodation for applicants with disabilities in its recruitment processes. If you are contacted about a career opportunity or testing, please let us know if you require accommodation.