DIRECTOR, PUBLIC AFFAIRS AND POLICY
The Co-operative Housing Federation of Canada: Where you belong.
We invite you to bring your leadership and public affairs expertise to the full time, permanent position of Director, Public Affairs and Policy. The position is based in Toronto or Ottawa (with consideration given to other locations for the right candidate).
As a member of CHF Canada’s senior management team, you will join the organization during an exciting period of growth and renewal in the co-operative housing sector. Reporting to the Executive Director, you will lead a knowledgeable and committed public affairs and policy team.
You will contribute to our success by:
- leading CHF Canada’s public affairs agenda, including advocacy, policy research, communications, stakeholder relations and events.
- advancing public policies and programs that promote the growth, sustainability and identity of co‑operative housing in Canada.
- effectively engaging with members, partners and stakeholders to inspire, represent and serve the Canadian co-operative housing movement.
- overseeing effective internal and external corporate communications strategies and programs, along with supporting the planning, implementation and evaluation of CHF Canada’s events.
What we’re looking for:
- at least ten years of progressive leadership experience in public affairs (government relations, legislative and regulatory affairs, policy research, and communications), or related experience.
- at least five years of progressive management expertise with demonstrated excellence in leading teams, plans and budgets.
- a university degree in journalism/public affairs, public policy, administration, or related field, or, related experience.
- subject matter expertise in co-operative, community, and affordable housing, or a related field.
- superb communication skills (verbal/written/presentation) in both official languages.
- demonstrated experience as a media spokesperson with a track record of effectively generating earned media.
- excellent business acumen, influencing and negotiation skills. Demonstrates proactivity, strategic thinking, teamwork, strong work ethic, sound judgement and diplomacy.
- time management skills and ability to set priorities.
- ability to work independently and as part of multiple teams.
CHF Canada exists to inspire, represent and serve our members in a united Canadian co-operative housing movement. With over 900 members in every province and territory, CHF Canada is a leading-edge membership association committed to the sustainable development of co-operative housing in Canada. Together, housing co-ops are home to over a quarter of a million Canadians, representing a $6 billion real estate portfolio.
The salary for this position starts at $117,751 per year, along with an excellent benefits package including health coverage and pension. We welcome candidates who would contribute to the further diversification of our organization, including, but not limited to, women; racialized peoples, First Nations, Inuit and Métis peoples; persons with disabilities, and persons of any sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression.
All qualified candidates are encouraged to apply by submitting their resumé and cover letter by 5:00 pm EDT, September 17, 2020 to:
Director, Finance and Corporate Service