At LifeLabs, we are focused on our vision of building a healthier Canada! We are the largest community diagnostics laboratory in Canada with over 350 collection centres, 16 laboratories and service over 20 million patients each year.
Caring, Agile, Customer Driven, One Team - We live our values every day in what we do to help our patients and healthcare providers. With over 5,700 employees, we all make a difference and that’s why our people are so important to us.
This is an exciting time to join our LifeLabs team, grow your career with us and support numerous business initiatives, innovations, best practice and business development opportunities.
Reporting to the Director of Government Relations and working closely with the Director of Corporate Communications, the Ontario Senior Public Affairs Manager will be accountable to develop and support a public affairs and stakeholder relations program that advances LifeLabs’ strategic objectives and reputation with government and other stakeholders.
This is a full time permanent role located at 100 International Boulevard, Toronto.
- Develop and implement Public Affairs program to build LifeLabs profile in the healthcare community and help advance strategic priorities;
- Develop and execute a national media plan to advance LifeLabs’ mission and goals. Advance high-profile provincial and national media coverage of our products, services and strategies;
- Serve as initial point of contact for all incoming media inquiries to LifeLabs and work with the communications and government relations team to develop responses; and act as a spokesperson, as required;
- Plan press conferences, senior government official visits/tours and receptions, and oversee development of required materials;
- Identify and produce required supporting collateral, such as key messages, written communications, speaking notes, briefing notes and other products;
- Work closely with other departments and members of the communications team to integrate proactive media outreach into the communications;
- Develop and monitor evaluation criteria to measure success and impact of Partner and Media Relations efforts.
- Communicate and collaborate with external stakeholders representing diverse skill sets, reporting structures and backgrounds;
- Support issues management, as required
- A minimum of 8 years of experience working in corporate communications, public relations, government or media;
- Strong government and public relations acumen, including deep knowledge of various levels of government;
- Demonstrated ability to build and sustain relationships;
- Excellent writing and editing skills; experience translating technical and sensitive or confidential information for various audiences;
- Strong issues management and media relations;
- Experience developing and implementing government relations and media relations plans;
- Proven experience building and maintaining brand presence to help achieve an organizational mission;
- Strong time management skills with minimal need for oversight;
- Strong attention to detail;
- Strong written and verbal communication skills;
- Project management skills;
- Results-oriented and client-focused with a commitment to excellence.
LifeLabs is committed to building an inclusive environment and will provide accommodations in accordance with the AODA – Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act. Please indicate in your application any accommodations you will require throughout the recruitment process. Alternatively, please contact our corporate offices main line to be directed to a member of the Talent Acquisition team at (416) 675-4530.
Please apply online to Ontario Senior Public Affairs Manager