Head of Government Relations
Ontario Real Estate Association
The Ontario Real Estate Association (OREA) is looking for an exceptional advocacy professional to lead one of the most dynamic government relations departments in Canada. In this role, the Head of Government Relations will be responsible for leading a team of staff dedicated to advocating for Ontario’s 70,000 REALTORS®.
Reporting to the Vice President, Public Affairs & Communications, OREA’s Head of Government Relations will be someone who thrives in a fast-paced environment. They are responsible for supporting and participating in the development and execution of government relations strategies that support OREA’s advocacy objectives, including protecting the Canadian Dream of home ownership and promoting high professional standards in the real estate industry.
• Help protect the dream of home ownership. Advises OREA’s Vice President, Public Affairs & Communications and CEO team in developing government relations strategies to help achieve our goals at Queen’s Park.
• A REALTOR® voice at Queen’s Park. Makes oral and written submissions to key decision makers, at standing committees and through consultation processes. Communicates OREA policy positions with MPPs, civil servants and OREA members.
• Run our policy shop. Works with our policy team, volunteer committees and other volunteer REALTORS® to research, analyze and create policy on issues that impact real estate, home ownership, development and REALTORS®.
• Network for success. Builds relationships with key decision makers at Queen’s Park with the goal of furthering OREA’s government relations objectives. This includes attending events and building good relationships with important stakeholders, including the Real Estate Council of Ontario (RECO)
• Organize the best advocacy conference in Ontario. Plans OREA’s annual Ontario REALTOR® Party Conference, Housing Summit and all other government relations events.
• Stay on top of legislation and regulation. Works with their team to monitor developments at Queen’s Park and analyze whether or not they impact REALTORS® and/or real estate.
• Grow our grassroots. Leads the execution of all OREA’s political programs - especially those which support greater grassroots engagement/participation among REALTORS® in the political process.
• Support our volunteer leaders. Empowers OREA leaders to represent the association and speak on key industry issues with decision makers.
• Other duties as assigned by the Vice President, Public Affairs & Communications.
Required Skills and Experience
• Education: Master’s Political Science, Public Affairs, Communications, Policy or equivalent.
• Experience: 7-10 years relevant government relations experience. Experience at Queen’s Park is an asset.
OREA is committed to inclusive and accessible employment practices. If you require an accommodation to fully participate in the hiring process, please notify the Human Resources Department.
Please submit your cover letter and resume in confidence by email to email@example.com on or before Wednesday, September 15th, 2018.