Santis Health, Senior Consultant/Account Lead
Position Overview and Responsibilities:
Santis Health, a leading public affairs, communications and strategy consultancy focusing on the health care sector, is hiring a Senior Consultant/Account Lead. Based in our Toronto office, this ambitious, highly skilled and collaborative individual will lead client accounts and projects, be a senior member of the team for large proposals, contribute expertise in client and/or project management and the health sector, and provide strategic counsel to a range of clients, working collaboratively with Santis’ management and staff team.
Applicants should have an exceptional understanding of and background in the health care sector and proven experience and skills in all or most of the following areas: stakeholder engagement, project management, public policy/politics, public affairs and advocacy and strategic planning. Santis will prioritize individuals with a background in leading client accounts in a consulting environment. A consulting background is desirable but not essential. We are also seeking candidates without consulting experience who have significant experience health policy, government and public affairs and/or health system planning and a track record of managing sensitive relationships and complex projects.
Account leadership and management
- Autonomous management of client accounts and projects, including client relationship management, project management leadership and budget management;
- Substantial contribution to large contracts, working in close collaboration with Santis Principals and team members;
- Leadership in strategy development;
- Coaching staff teams.
Account and project delivery
- Stakeholder outreach and engagement;
- Drafting a range of strategy and communications products for clients and different audiences including reports, key messages, analysis documents, plans, presentations, media materials and policy and issues briefing notes;
- Policy and strategy research and analysis;
- Facilitation of stakeholder meetings and groups;
- Government insight and lobbying as required by clients.
- Contribute to new business development, including identifying prospective clients and opportunities, and tapping into your networks in health care and or government;
- New business proposal development.
- Degree in political science, public policy and administration, business, communications or related field (or equivalent experience); post-graduate degrees in similar disciplines beneficial;
- Minimum of 5 years of relevant professional experience, including work in consulting, government, health care organization, and/or NGOs;
- Demonstrated knowledge about health and public policy, the health system, and politics in Ontario and Canada;
- Proven project management experience including:
- Solid stakeholder engagement capabilities;
- Familiarity with leading project management practices and processes;
- Well developed relationship management skills.
- Experience with new business development, communications, issues management and media relations is beneficial, but not essential.
- Highly developed written and oral communication skills;
- Strong research and analysis ability;
- Excellent interpersonal and collaboration skills;
- Exceptional organizational skills – ability to juggle multiple clients and projects;
- Skilled in priority-setting and efficient time-management;
- Flexible schedule for some evening/weekend work;
- High level of professionalism.
Santis welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
About Santis Health Inc:
Santis Health is a Toronto-based consultancy dedicated to providing value-added strategic advisory services to clients within the Canadian health care sector. Santis navigates the intersection of public policy, advocacy, and communications. Our services include strategic planning, policy analysis and development, public affairs, and communications. Clients of Santis Health include leading health care organizations, charities, non-profits, and health care providers across Canada. We pride ourselves on understanding the system dynamics that drive policy making, resource allocation, and stakeholder opinion. To learn more, please visit: www.santishealth.ca
If you are interested in becoming the newest team member of Santis Health and believe you have the qualifications listed in the job description, please submit your cover letter and CV to Melissa Andrew at email@example.com and Janine Hopkins at firstname.lastname@example.org by Monday, March 12, 2018.