Position Overview and Responsibilities:
Santis Health, a leading public affairs, communications and strategy consultancy focusing on the health care sector, is looking to hire a Consultant. Based in our Toronto office, this ambitious, self-motivated individual will work closely with the Santis public affairs and management team to provide strategic problem solving, public policy and communications services to the senior leadership of the firm.
Applicants should have a sound knowledge of government affairs, public affairs, stakeholder relations and project management, as well as the most pressing health care and life sciences issues of the day. Previous experience working in health care, in government or as a consultant would be an advantage.
- Working closely with all five Santis Principals manage a wide range of client projects and deliverables
- Tracking emerging and evolving public policy issues – and analyzing their implications to clients
- Liaising with clients as part of ongoing project management responsibilities
- Identifying key stakeholders and creating tailored stakeholder maps
- Participating in client strategy sessions
- Creating a wide range of briefing notes, slide decks and other communication materials
- Developing project management plans and keeping the project team focused on meeting multiple, tight timelines
Content Creation and Knowledge Transfer
- Drafting Santis-branded blogs, op-ed publications, news releases, policy reports and think pieces
Business Development Support
- Tracking and responding to RFPs (Requests for Proposals) and other business development opportunities.
- Degree in political science, public policy, economics, communications or a related field (or equivalent experience); post-graduate qualifications are beneficial
- Minimum of 2 years of relevant work experience
- Demonstrated knowledge of public policy and politics in Ontario and across Canada
- A solid mix of project management, policy analysis and communications experience
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Strong research and analysis ability
- Exceptional organizational skills – ability to juggle multiple clients and projects
- Skilled in priority-setting, efficient time-management and the ability to work independently
- Flexible schedule for some evening/weekend work
- High level of professionalism
- Bilingualism (French / English) would be an asset
About Santis Health Inc:
Santis Health is a Toronto-based consultancy dedicated to providing value-added strategic advisory services to clients within the Canadian health care sector. Santis navigates the intersection of public policy, advocacy, and communications. Our services include strategic planning, policy analysis and development, public affairs, and communications. Clients of Santis Health include leading health care organizations, charities, non-profits, and health care providers across Canada. We pride ourselves on understanding the system dynamics that drive policy making, resource allocation, and stakeholder opinion. To learn more, please visit: www.santishealth.ca
If you are interested in becoming the newest team member of Santis Health and believe you have the qualifications listed in the job description, please submit your cover letter and CV to Melissa Andrew at firstname.lastname@example.org and Ross Wallace at email@example.com, by Monday, January 29, 2018.