Santis Health, Senior Consultant
Position Overview and Responsibilities:
Santis Health, a leading public affairs, communications and strategy consultancy focussing on the health care sector, is hiring a Senior Consultant. Based in our Toronto office, this ambitious, self-motivated, and collaborative individual will work closely with the Santis public affairs and management team to secure and lead client accounts and projects and provide strategic counsel and support to other clients in public affairs and/or management consulting. Applicants should have an exceptional understanding of and background in the health care sector. Proven experience and skills in most or all of the following areas are essential: stakeholder engagement, project management, public policy/politics, public affairs and advocacy, strategic planning, and account management. A background in government, and/or the broader public sector and/or consulting is required.
Account leadership and management
- Leadership in strategy development;
- Autonomous management of some client accounts and projects, including project management leadership and budget management;
- Client relationship management.
Account and project delivery
- Stakeholder outreach and engagement;
- Drafting a range of strategy and communications materials for clients and different audiences including reports, key messages, plans, memos, presentations, media materials and briefing notes;
- Policy and strategy research and analysis;
- Meeting facilitation;
- Government insight and lobbying as required by clients.
- Contribute to new business development, including identifying prospective clients and opportunities, and tapping into your networks in health care;
- New business proposal development.
- Degree in political science, public policy, economics, communications or related field (or equivalent experience); post-graduate qualification beneficial;
- Minimum of 5 years of relevant work experience; experience could include work in government, health care organization, NGO, or consultancy.
- Demonstrated knowledge about public policy, the health system, and politics in Ontario and Canada.
- Proven project management experience
- Solid stakeholder engagement experience is required;
- Familiarity with project management practices and processes is required;
- Client relationship experience is beneficial;
- Experience with new business development is beneficial;
- Communications, issues management and media relations experience is beneficial.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills;
- Strong research and analysis ability;
- Exceptional organizational skills – ability to juggle multiple clients and projects;
- Skilled in priority-setting and efficient time-management;
- Flexible schedule for some evening/weekend work;
- High level of professionalism.
Santis welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
About Santis Health Inc:
Santis Health is a Toronto-based consultancy dedicated to providing value-added strategic advisory services to clients within the Canadian health care sector. Santis navigates the intersection of public policy, advocacy, and communications. Our services include strategic planning, policy analysis and development, public affairs, and communications. Clients of Santis Health include leading health care organizations, charities, non-profits, and health care providers across Canada. We pride ourselves on understanding the system dynamics that drive policy making, resource allocation, and stakeholder opinion. To learn more, please visit: www.santishealth.ca
If you are interested in becoming the newest team member of Santis Health and believe you have the qualifications listed in the job description, please submit your cover letter and CV to Melissa Andrew at email@example.com and Patrick Nelson at firstname.lastname@example.org, by Friday, November 24, 2017.