Hill+Knowlton Strategies has an exciting opportunity for a senior consultantto join our Toronto office. We’re looking for a passionate and detail-oriented team player with Ontario provincial public affairs experience to assist clients with their government and stakeholder relations programs, and to work with our team as we execute a strategic plan to build and grow our public affairs practice. A background in infrastructure, advanced manufacturing, energy or technology sectors would be an asset as would public relations experience in support of public affairs programs.
Hill+Knowlton Strategies is the nation’s leading strategic communications consultancy. Recognized as one of Canada’s Best Workplaces for 11 consecutive years, our employees work in a collegial and fast-paced environment. We offer the opportunity to work with a team of top talent and to share your professional life with others who are committed to being the best. Hill+Knowlton offers exciting work opportunities, a robust professional development program, and competitive compensation and benefits.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Draws on a large network of individuals and organizations within government (within both the political and civil service arms of the Ontario government) and opposition parties to provide insights on political and public policy issues, trends and developments
- Participates in the development of plans and implements public affairs strategies to support clients with their government representation to the province of Ontario
- Seeks out information and prepares briefing material on policy development and trends, the structure and pressures of government including the key players and their objectives
- Drafts messages and support material for client plans
· Integrates social media, digital strategies and tools into client plans where appropriate
- Uses political savvy and understanding of government bureaucracy to help clients achieve their objectives with government stakeholders
- Works independently and with colleagues, the client side, and other suppliers of service
- Applies creative thinking and problem-solving to client challenges
- Participates in new business activities such as working with senior team members to proactively identify opportunities to grow our public affairs practice, preparing for and attending pitches as well as assisting in the response to RFPs.
- An undergraduate degree from an accredited post-secondary educational institution
- Four to six years in public affairs ideally with experience in the health care and/or technology sectors
- Public affairs agency experience is a definite asset
- An in-depth understanding, awareness of and experience in public affairs and government relations as a framework for public affairs activities
- Solid digital and social media experience
- Excellent written and oral communications skills
- Experience developing and managing public affairs programs and projects
- Experience dealing directly with clients (internal or external) in the planning and delivery of communications programs
- Excellent time management skills and attention to detail
- Budget management experience
- Ability to work independently and in a high-performing team
- Proven ability to deliver on assignments and overcome challenges, e.g. delays, change in direction and scope of work; and revised budgets
What’s in it for you?
- Full health benefits package—including healthy paid time off, schedule flexibility, fitness reimbursement, and more
- New business commission potential and employee referral bonus
- A career working with and influencing bold, creative teams and client accounts
- A passionate, smart, fun, and creative office culture
- Strong leadership with a focus on entrepreneurial thinking, training and mentoring to help you grow, expand your skills and become your professional best
This job description does not imply that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee in this capacity. He or she will be expected to perform other related duties as required.
HOW TO APPLY
Send your resume and cover letter to email@example.com, indicating the name of the position you are applying for in the subject line.
We thank all applicants for their interest; only those selected for an interview will be contacted.