|Job Posting Reference #:||365, 646|
|Position:||Government Relations Specialist (2 positions)|
|Location:||Mississauga||Reports to:||Manager, Government and Industry Relations|
|Open:||August 9, 2017||Close:||August 17, 2017|
The Government Relations (GR) Specialist provides general support to the GR team’s outreach at the Municipal, Provincial and Federal government levels. The specialist is responsible for carrying out many aspects of the department’s functions including research and analysis, policy monitoring and management of meetings with elected officials and other stakeholders. The specialist also assists with the resolving of community/customer issues received via offices of elected officials as well as those directed to members of the executive team. The specialist represents Alectra at government and industry functions professionally and must be willing to travel often (by car) to attend meetings and provide support throughout Alectra’s service territory.
- Monitors and analyses relevant policy initiatives at the provincial and federal levels of government and determines applicability to Alectra
- Provides resources and advice to colleagues across the organization on their efforts to work with government
- Prepares corporate presentations and speeches in support of executive engagement at industry and government related events.
- Coordinates the production and distribution of communications materials for municipal engagement purposes (newsletters, letters etc)
- Assists in the coordination of involvement in government and industry events
- Establishes positive and productive relationships with elected officials and stakeholders and, where required, leads public meetings, in conjunction with colleagues in Corporate Relations
- Identifies and tracks success metrics and program performance measures to evaluate program effectiveness and integrate into future initiatives.
- Ensures compliance to legislative, regulatory and Health & Safety policies, procedures and standards.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree or college diploma in Politics, Communications, Public Relations, or related discipline or equivalent experience.
- Must hold and maintain a valid class “G” driver’s license and have a willingness to regularly drive to meetings throughout the service territory
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience including public relations, issues management or political organizing in a multi-stakeholder environment
- Experience working in government (municipal, provincial or federal) an asset
- Solid government decision making processes at all three levels of government that Alectra works with
- Experience in managing sensitive or confidential issues
- Familiarity with electricity industry and/or another regulated industry in Ontario
- Proficiency with MS Office applications
- Solid problem-solving skills with the ability to provide practical and/or innovative solutions to complex issues
- Understanding of the importance of managing sensitive and confidential information
- Strong written and presentation skills, with the ability to explain technical information in a clear and concise way
- Exceptional organizational skills
- Ability to plan, prioritize and execute multiple projects and initiatives within established timelines
- Ability to build and maintain collaborative working relationships with stakeholders
Should you have any questions regarding this opportunity, or need assistance in applying for the posting, please send your inquiry to email@example.com.
If you are interested in this opportunity, and meet the qualifications, please submit your resume by clicking below.
You will be contacted regarding the status of your submission and Expression of Interest.
Alectra is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to providing a recruitment process that respects the dignity and independence of all candidates. Should you require accommodation at any stage in the recruitment, assessment and selection process please consult with Alectra’s People Team