Manager, Early Resolutions
The Ombudsman is an independent, impartial office of the Legislature that resolves and investigates public complaints about Ontario government organizations and municipalities, universities and school boards. The Ombudsman recommends solutions to individual and systemic administrative problems, and promotes fairness, accountability and transparency in the public sector.
The Manager, Early Resolutions manages a team of Early Resolution Officers responsible for taking, assessing, triaging, and responding to complaints from the public about Ontario provincial government organizations. The Manager directly supports the team, as well as the Director of Early Resolutions and the Director of Investigations, in managing workflow, planning strategic direction, and identifying cases for escalation. The Manager provides guidance on preparing documentation and responding appropriately to complainants, government officials and other stakeholders, as well as detects and analyzes complaint trends, and produces relevant statistics and reports.
This opportunity will appeal to individuals who enjoy working in the public sector and assisting staff develop their expertise. Successful candidates are both analytical and empathetic, and thrive in a collaborative team environment, and in an office that offers opportunities to work on cases in both English and French.
Successful candidates will have the following:
- Minimum of 2 years managerial experience, preferably in complaints resolution
- Proven ability to develop and manage employee skills and capabilities
- Proven ability to use sound judgment and discretion when making decisions
- Ability to bring innovative thinking to an issue, while working within a prescribed framework
- Self-starter with a proven ability to work independently and with a team
- Demonstrated ability to manage demanding workload, focusing on organizational priorities, and adapting to the changing needs of the team
- Superior writing skills, communicating effectively and efficiently to complainants, governmental officials, stakeholders, and coworkers
- Preference will be given to candidates with experience working with provincial government organizations including boards, tribunals and agencies
- Familiarity with social media and new technology an asset
This is a unique opportunity to join a dynamic, exciting work environment and be part of a world-renowned office with a team of top public sector professionals. You will have the opportunity to directly resolve individual problems, as well as participate in broader investigations, which contribute to systemic change and improved public policy and administration.
Interested candidates are invited to apply by visiting the careers page of our website: https://www.ombudsman.on.ca/About-Us/Careers/Current-Opportunities.aspx
Accommodation will be provided in accordance with the Ontario Human Rights Code.
All applicants must be received by 11:59 pm on June 7, 2017.
Please Note: Only applicants selected for interview will be contacted. Moving expenses will not be paid.