Are you looking for an opportunity to showcase your strategic thinking, relationship management, policy development, issues management and analytical skills?
Are you able to engage stakeholders, conduct research, jurisdictional scans, undertake analysis and develop policy recommendations while collaborating across internal and external stakeholder groups in Ontario and across Canada?
If so, consider this opportunity as a Marketing Analyst with the Farm Products Marketing Commission Secretariat, Ministry of Agriculture, Food and Rural Affairs.
What can I expect to do in this role?
- provide expert advice and guidance to the Farm Products Marketing Commission and senior management on a range of agriculture policy issues related to agriculture production and marketing systems
• develop and maintain relationships with a variety of stakeholders along the entire agriculture value chain within Ontario and across Canada
• prepare and coordinate a range of contentious, confidential and informative materials (e.g. briefing material, position papers, risk analysis, option papers) in support of the Commission's mandate
• facilitate industry solutions along the value chain
• implement policies and initiatives within the mandate of the Commission
How do I qualify?
Communication and dispute resolution skills:
- You have conflict management and dispute resolution skills to lead consultations and reach agreements on marketing solutions with industry stakeholders who have opposing needs and priorities.
• You have written communication skills to prepare a variety of reports, correspondence and communication materials.
• You have oral communication and presentation skills to provide information to senior management, commission members and industry stakeholders.
• You have interpersonal skills, tact and diplomacy to build effective relationships with internal and external stakeholders.
- You have knowledge of agricultural production and marketing systems in the agriculture and food industry.
• You have knowledge of agricultural value chains.
• You have knowledge of marketing board operations.
• You have knowledge of agricultural economics.
Other important skills:
- You have research and analysis skills to gather information, identify and prioritize issues and assess the viability of proposed policies and strategies.
• You have project management skills to design and implement initiatives with strict deadlines.
Salary Range: $68,536 - $100,994 per year
- 1 Permanent, 1 Stone Rd W, Guelph, West Region
Please apply online, only, by Wednesday, March 29, 2017, by visiting www.ontario.ca/careers and entering Job ID 105680 in the Job ID search field. Please follow the instructions to submit your application. Faxes are not being accepted at this time.
If you require accommodation in order to participate in the recruitment process, please contact us at www.gojobs.gov.on.ca/ContactUs.aspx to provide your contact information. Recruitment Services staff will contact you within 48 hours. Only those applicants selected for an interview will be contacted.
The Ontario Public Service is an inclusive employer. Accommodation will be provided in accordance with Ontario’s Human Rights Code.