Electricity Distributors Association, North GTA
Competitive salary, plus bonus, pension and full health benefits
The Electricity Distributors Association (EDA) is the voice of Ontario’s local electricity distributors, the publicly and privately owned companies that safely and reliably deliver electricity to homes, businesses and public institutions across Ontario.
EDA has an exciting opportunity in a fast paced environment for a Senior Regulatory Affairs Advisor position, reporting to the Vice President, Policy & Government Affairs. The successful candidate will be accountable for regulatory policy and industry analysis, primarily in the area of distribution and regulatory activities for Ontario’s Local Distribution Companies (LDCs) and will develop effective policy positions and strategies that articulate and address member issues.
PRIMARY RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE:
- Lead the execution of EDA’s regulatory development process involving our member councils, including routine liaison with core council members on key policy issues
- Responsible for conducting research, policy analysis and developing options for presentation to member committees, councils and senior management primarily on regulatory matters
- Based on member feedback, responsible for the composition and submission of EDA regulatory policy documents to government and its agencies
- Responsible for a portfolio of regulatory policy files/issues
- Lead the development of a regulatory database and responsible for analyzing and monitoring changes to the legislative, regulatory and business environments of Local Distribution Companies, (e.g. analyzing and managing a database based on OEB Yearbook statistics, LDC rate applications and OEB decisions, etc).
- Provide in-house expertise and understanding of the regulatory electricity market in Ontario, the relevant legislation and regulations, the market rules and OEB, IESO and ESA operations
- Provide secretariat function to member committees or councils as required, e.g. development of agendas, presentation of issues, preparation of minutes
- Coordinate legal and consulting teams to support Association positions on matters of significance to all members, primarily on regulatory issues
- Maintain close and influential relationships with key OEB, IESO, ESA and other oversight organizations staff
- Participate in other projects as assigned by the Vice President, Policy & Government Affairs
- Degree with a major in Economics, Political Science, Public Administration or other related fields
- Strong awareness and/or experience with the regulation of electricity distribution in the province of Ontario
- Strong background or understanding of advocacy
- Strong data analytical skills and experience working with excel spreadsheets
- Knowledge of the energy market and industry – experience in the utility sector an asset
- Advanced and thorough knowledge of the regulated electricity market in Ontario and industry, the Association and current issues (both legislative and environment) facing the distribution sector
- 8 – 10 years’ experience in similar environments (e.g. government, policy, legislation)
COMPENSATION: Competitive salary (based on experience & qualifications) + Bonus + excellent benefits package (including OMERS pension plan).
To explore this opportunity, please submit your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org and indicate EDA Senior Regulatory Affairs Advisor in the subject line.
EDA offers a professional environment, competitive compensation, and growth opportunities.