EDA, North GTA
Competitive salary, plus bonus, pension and full health benefits
The Electricity Distributors Association (EDA) is the voice of Ontario’s local electricity distributors, the publicly and privately owned companies that safely and reliably deliver electricity to homes, businesses and public institutions across Ontario.
EDA has an exciting opportunity in a fast paced work environment for a Senior Policy Advisor position, reporting to the Vice President of Policy & Government Affairs. The successful candidate will be a source of industry analysis and advocacy for Ontario’s Local Distribution Companies (LDCs) and will lead the development of effective policy positions and strategies that articulate and address member issues.
PRIMARY RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE:
- Lead the execution of EDA’s policy development process involving our member councils, including routine liaison with core council members on key policy issues
- Based on member feedback, responsible for the composition and submission of EDA policy documents to government and its agencies
- Responsible for a portfolio of policy files/issues
- Develop/maintain comprehensive understanding of regulatory codes and government policy that impact LDC business activities, including financial management and accounting practices
- Develop/maintain comprehensive understanding of regulations/policy governing LDC corporate-level operations and governance
- Lead execution of LDC environment scanning and dissemination within EDA of important issues
- Advocate and achieve member-supported policy goals through the development of strong personal relationships with key decision makers and persuasive and reasoned analysis
- Identify and analyze changes or potential changes to the legislative, regulatory and business environments of LDCs
- Work with legal and consulting teams to support Association positions on matters of significance to all members
- Maintain close and influential relationships with key OEB, IESO, ESA and government representatives
- Work to provide in-house expertise and understanding of the electricity market in Ontario, the relevant legislation and regulations (provincial and federal), the market rules and IESO and OEB operations
- Degree with a major in Economics or Political Science preferred
- Demonstrated policy development and analytical experience
- Awareness and/or experience with tax and corporate finance (i.e. managerial accounting) seen as an asset
- Background/understanding of lobby and advocacy procedures
- Knowledge of the energy market and industry – experience in the utility sector an asset
- Experience with complex, technical policy development and research in similar environments (e.g. government, policy, legislation)
COMPENSATION: Competitive salary (based on experience & qualifications) + Bonus + excellent benefits package (including OMERS pension plan).
To explore this opportunity, please submit your resume to email@example.com and indicate EDA Senior Policy Advisor in the subject line.
EDA offers a professional environment, competitive compensation, and growth opportunities.