Ministry of Economic Development and Growth / Ministry of Research, Innovation and Science
The Ministry of Economic Development and Growth and the Ministry of Research, Innovation and Science are looking for an experienced dynamic and strategic President and CEO of the Ontario Capital Growth Corporation (OCGC) – an agency that manages Ontario’s venture capital investment portfolio of venture capital funds and companies.
What can I expect to do in this role?
Reporting to the Deputy Minister and the Chair of the OCGC Board:
As the Chief Executive Officer, you will:
- Spearhead the Agency’s overall investment strategy and business plan as well as manage investor and stakeholder relations.
- Work with leading institutional investors and other levels of government to establish new venture capital funds in Ontario.
- Serve as the public spokesperson for the Agency and all interactions with a broad spectrum of companies, funds and investors – both locally and internationally.
- Manage the day-to-day operations of an Agency headed by a Board of public and independent directors, while also working within the requirements of relevant government directives and policies and liaising with Senior Executives in the Ontario Public Service.
- Provide the Board with advice on decisions related to investment opportunities based on sound judgement on investment matters and expertise in emerging markets and investment trends.
- Direct the development of sound investment management strategies and financial risk, accountability and governance frameworks.
- Build strong partnerships and work collaboratively with internal/external stakeholders.
- Work with a team of other executives to develop market based processes regarding financial investment data management, quantitative data analytics/research and design sustainable financial risk governance frameworks.
- You have experience leading in an operational environment and motivating high-performing teams while fostering a diverse and inclusive workplace through sound human resources practices.
- You are a strategic/transformational/innovative thinker that can plan strategically and can communicate a vision to those around you in transparent and easy to understand language.
- You are an effective communicator, negotiator/consensus builder and are able to work collaboratively with colleagues and divergent stakeholder positions.
- You have experience in financial matters and the financing of early stage growth companies.
- You have demonstrated experience with financial instruments related to investments and economic growth, capital markets, fund services and financial asset risk management.
- You have in-depth knowledge of economic statements, government annual budget planning processes, fiscal planning and capital asset management.
- You have an understanding of the government’s economic growth policy agenda, including an in-depth knowledge of investment financial risk management methodologies and best practices.
- You have proven experience with venture capital funds with the demonstrated ability to apply strategic and innovative thinking as it relates to the deployment/investment of funds.
- You have demonstrated ability to work collaboratively with senior executives in government, including external stakeholders and the broader public sector.
- You are comfortable working both in capital markets alongside corporate, institutional and other investors, and within government directives and policies.
- You have experience bridging varying cross-functional, horizontal interests/opinions and can resolve differences between internal/external partners and stakeholders.
- You maintain open lines of communication that sustain positive and productive relationships.
- You have proven experience managing complex relationships which include multiple internal/external stakeholders and have used consultative issues management techniques to build strong linkages with your partners.
Salary range: $117,790 - $160,250 per year
Duration: 1 Permanent
Please apply online, only, by Sunday, February 5, 2017, by visiting http://www.gojobs.gov.on.ca/Preview.aspx?Language=English&JobID=103552. Please follow the instructions to submit your application. Faxes are not being accepted at this time.
If you require accommodation in order to participate in the recruitment process, please contact the Executive Talent Search Unit at email@example.com. Only those applicants selected for an interview will be contacted.
The Ontario Public Service is an inclusive employer. Accommodation will be provided in accordance with Ontario’s Human Rights Code