The following bills are scheduled to come before the legislature this week:
- Second-reading debate starts Monday afternoon, continues Wednesday afternoon
- Amends the Collection and Debt Settlement Services Act, the Consumer Protection Act and the Payday Loans Act to increase consumer protection on high-cost borrowing from payday lenders and other "alternative financial services"
- Second-reading debate will continue Tuesday morning
- Brings in many changes to municipal election laws, including giving municipalities the option of using ranked ballots and to ban corporate and union donations
- Second-reading debate will start Wednesday morning and continue Thursday
- Establishes the final structure of the Ontario Retirement Pension Plan and gives enforcement powers to the ORPP Administration Corporation
Private member's bills from Liberal MPP Kathryn McGarry, Liberal MPP Vic Dhillon and PC MPP Jim Wilson will be debated on Thursday afternoon.
The following bills are scheduled to come before committees this week:
- Will have clause-by-clause in the standing committee on general government on Monday and Wednesday afternoon
- Legislation creates the framework for the cap-and-trade program, including the dedicated account that cap-and-trade revenue will flow into
Bill 151, The waste-free Ontario act
- Will have public hearings in the standing committee on social policy on Monday afternoon and Tuesday afternoon
- Wide-ranging bill that amends many acts to mandate more environmentally friendly packaging, boost recycling in business sectors and eliminate industry-funded recycling stewardships