Consultant, Strategy and Member Relations
Business Planning and Strategy Division
Full time, permanent
Target Hiring Range $73,720 to $86,006
The foundation of the Ontario Hospital Association’s (OHA) Strategic Plan: 2018-2021 is the need to be a strong and healthy association to serve hospitals so that they can change and evolve as organizations within Ontario’s health system. The OHA’s goal is to serve and actively support its diverse membership. Through advocacy, learning and engagement, labour relations and improved access to data and analytics, the OHA is enhancing the direct services it provides to members. We are committed to leadership and excellence by providing industry-leading guidance and advice to our members.
The OHA is looking for an energetic and passionate individual to join our Strategy and Member Relations team. You are a great listener and your communication style, energy and self-confidence make people want to work with you. You see the big picture and are an internal champion for improving value and member satisfaction. You are a team player and thrive in a fast-paced environment and have a strong sense of accountability for your work and the service that you and your team provide to OHA Members, your colleagues and the organization.
Reporting to the Director, Strategy and Member Relations, your responsibilities include:
- Supporting the implementation of the OHA’s new Strategic Plan: 2018-2021 by overseeing all reporting and performance improvement activities, such as the implementation and active monitoring of the association’s new balanced scorecard approach.
- Providing support directly to the Director, Strategy and Member Engagement on activities related to the development of the OHA next strategic planning. This includes managing key aspects of Member, staff and stakeholder outreach; conducting internal assessment of OHA operations; performing environmental scans into leading practices in strategic planning across different sectors; carrying out deep analysis into future needs of the membership; writing that is clear and purposeful; applying principles of design thinking; and, making presentations to internal and external audiences.
- Leading efforts to enhance the OHA’s entire member relations program by conducting a comprehensive internal review of initiatives and identifying new and innovative opportunities.
- Leading all aspects of the OHA’s annual Member Satisfaction Survey. This includes administering the survey, analysing results and designing reports that support performance improvement across the organization.
- Working closely with all parts of the OHA, and especially with the OHA’s Information Technology department, to regularly manage Member data and information in the organization’s Customer Relationship Management (CRM) system.
- Managing the execution of the President and CEO’s hospital Members’ meetings, tours and visits. This includes working closely with staff in the OHA’s Public Affairs department in preparing the President and CEO for possible media and outreach with key stakeholders in communities to advance hospital objectives; debriefing with the President and CEO on outcomes from engagement activities; and, recording information in the OHA’s CRM system for member engagement tracking and reporting purposes.
- Facilitating and tracking OHA Senior Management’s annual hospital CEO outreach initiative
- Providing expert advice relating to strengthening OHA’s member intelligence. This includes liaising with hospital Members on expectations and engagement activities; coordinating with appropriate staff on significant events and timelines related to Members’ information, research, and reports; and, keeping up-to-date on transitions within the membership base.
The ideal candidate has demonstrated knowledge and experience in corporate strategy, project management, and especially, member relations. Strong interpersonal and communication skills are essential. In addition, you are a strategic and critical thinker with strong planning, leadership and analytic skills. You can work well under pressure while managing multiple priorities, and remaining responsive in a dynamic and fluid environment.
You have a degree in a related business, policy or health sciences discipline, combined with demonstrated related work experience. An MBA or MHA is an asset, as is knowledge of Ontario’s health care system and experience working in a member-driven association. You have comprehensive knowledge of Microsoft Office, survey design methodology, and the ability to manage multiple projects.
The ideal candidate is dynamic, positive, collaborative, persuasive, resilient, driven and results-oriented and displays the values of Humility, Discovery and Passion.
The OHA is a not-for-profit Association. Our purpose is serving Ontario’s hospital to build a better health system. At the OHA, our members are at the heart of everything we do. Through advocacy, learning and engagement, labour relations and improved access to data and analytics, the OHA is enhancing the direct services it provides to members.
Interested in helping the Ontario Hospital Association (OHA) build a better health system?
We can offer you a fulfilling role, an inspiring and creative place to work, and the chance to change the health care system (for the better) – and oh yeah, have a lot of fun in the process. As you may know, employee engagement is key in the success of any business, and the OHA is proud of our 98 percent employee engagement rate.
Need more proof the OHA is a great place to work? Well, how about this… we’ve been recognized as one of the Best Workplaces in Canada, five times, as well as Best Workplaces in Canada for Women.
In serving Ontario’s hospitals to build a better health system, the OHA is a dynamic organization offering innovative education, tools, and practices that enable people to deliver effective, safe and efficient health care. For more information visit www.oha.com.
Potential applicants are invited to submit a resume and covering letter online by July 20, 2018. If contacted for an interview, please inform us should accommodation be required.